Membership for All
The Essence of the YWith a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Ohio ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive.
Everyone is WelcomeThe YMCA welcomes all who wish to participate and believes that no one should be denied membership based on their ability to pay. Through our People Helping People Program, the YMCA of Central Ohio provides membership assistance to youth, adults and families based on individual needs and circumstances.
Committed To Our CommunityDetermining scholarship amounts is handled by YMCA branches in a fair and consistent manner. Every YMCA member receives the same membership benefits, regardless of whether they are receiving a scholarship. YMCA members can feel confident knowing that they are a part of an organization that cares greatly for the well-being of all people, and is committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
How to Apply for Financial AssistanceTo apply for a Membership for All membership, simply complete the application form. Then provide the requested information regarding income and family size to your YMCA branch so that we can provide scholarships in a fair and consistent manner.
You will need these documents to apply for a Membership For All membership:
- Copy of prior year's tax return If you do not have a copy of your tax return, you may obtain one by contact the Internal Revenue Service.
- Copy of at least two pay stubs.
- Copy of Social Security or Disability checks, or copy of bank statement showing amount of automatic monthly deposit.
- Copy of unemployment check, child support or alimony payment, or copy of bank statement showing amount of automatic monthly deposit.
- Copy of rent assistance, ADC, food stamps, or other forms of assistance.
If you have any questions about documentation, please ask your YMCA branch's membership director.All subsidy applications and personal documents are kept confidential.