#HealthyHabits: Drink Water!
They say a habit takes 21 days to make and only 3 days to break. We believe that healthy habits can help to create an overall lifestyle that can aid in a long and happy life. We aren't talking about momentous tasks, but simple things you can do to be the healthiest version of yourself. Each month, we will offer a different healthy habit for you to challenge yourself to stick with.
July's Healthy Habit: Drink Water!
Although this may be a simple concept, 75% of Americans suffer from chronic dehydration and do not drink the recommended 8 glasses of water a day. Feel thirsty? You're already dehydrated! We get it, water isn't exactly 'fun' to drink, but drinking water can increase your metabolism while decreasing your irritability, fatigue, foggy memory and more. Here are some simple tips on staying hydrated- especially if water simply isn't your thing.
- Add flavor to your water (fruit, cucumbers, mint)
- Drink a glass of water after every bathroom break
- Sip before, during and after each meal
- Get a fun reusable water bottle you will enjoy carrying, especially one that marks water levels
- Take your water bottle everywhere with you
- Dilute any sugary drinks with water and ice
- Invest in a water filter so your water tastes clean and fresh
- Choose water over soda
- Set a reminder on your phone to drink water throughout the day