Calling All Future Lifeguards! Lifeguard Training this February
The Hilltop YMCA is Now Hiring Lifeguards!
College bound? Looks great on a college application!
Need certified? We'll certify you- we offer paid training!
Like working with friends? We have a great referral program!
Now that we have your attention, the Hilltop YMCA will be offering a Lifeguard Training Class beginning in February.
- Saturday, February 16: 8:00am- 4:00pm
- Sunday, February 17: 11:00am- 4:00pm
- Friday, February 22: 4:00- 9:00pm
- Saturday, February 23: 8:00am- 4:00pm
- Sunday, February 24: 11:00am- 4:00pm
*Must be able to attend every day
- Member: $200
- Non-Member: $250
Those who become lifeguards at the Y will receive the class for FREE!**
LIFEGUARD TRAINING PROVIDES:
- Skills and knowledge to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies
- CPR/AED for the professional rescuers
- First Aid
- Administering Emergency Oxygen
- First points about program
- List points about program
- Must be at least 15 years old by the last day of the course attended
- Attend ALL training sessions
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills, activities and scenarios
- Pass a written test with a score of at least 80%
- Successfully complete the following prerequisites:
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
- Swim 20 yards, surface dive in 7-10 feet of water, retrieve a 10lb object and swim 20 yards on your back to return to starting point (this is a timed event)
- Perform all required skills with accuracy
Participants must pass the entire pre-skills test in order to continue the course
**Failure to pass the pre-test or final exam results in forfeiture of class fees
For more information or to sign up for the class, please email Brandon Foley