Home > Health & Fitness > Disease Prevention & Management > LiveSTRONG
Taking Action, Changing Odds
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, a small-group program developed and established in partnership with the LIVESTRONG Foundation, assists those who are living with, through, or beyond cancer to strengthen their spirit, mind and body. Recent research from the Yale Cancer Center and Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Institute confirmed that LIVESTRONG at the YMCA participants experience improved fitness and quality of life as well as significant decreases in cancer-related fatigue.
- 12-week program with two 75-90-minute sessions per week
- Includes cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance and flexibility exercises
- Evaluation includes fitness and quality of life assessments before and after participation
- Facilitated by YMCA-certified instructors
- Requires referral and medical clearance from a physician
- To learn more about LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, visit the LIVESTRONG site.
Find a Location Near You
If you or someone you know is a cancer survivor, contact one of our locations to learn more the program and register today.