Enhance®Fitness for older adults
Enhance®Fitness is an evidence-based group exercise program, helps older adults at all levels of fitness become more active, energized, an empowered to sustain independent lives. This wellness program focuses on dynamic cardiovascular exercise, strength training, balance, and flexibility — everything older adults need to maintain health and function as they age.
In a typical class, participants will experience:
• A certified instructor with special training in bringing out the physical best from older adults
• A 5-minute warm-up to get the blood flowing to the muscles
• A 20-minute aerobics workout that gets participants moving, or a walking workout to lively music that the class chooses
• A 5-minute cool-down
• A 20-minute strength training workout with soft ankle and wrist weights (0 up to 20 pounds)
• A 10-minute stretching workout to keep the muscles flexible
• Balance exercises throughout the class
• Lots of opportunities for participants to make new friends and acquaintances!
Locations and Contact Information:
Hilliard/Ray Patch Family YMCA
Delaware Community Center YMCA
Grove City YMCA
Eldon & Elsie Ward Family YMCA