Ride for 225
RideSTRONG for Survivors 2014
To benefit Central Ohio cancer survivors
TRAIN October 1- November 7Starting Oct. 1, log 250 miles to get ready for the big event and compete against fellow RIDESTRONG for Survivors Riders using YTRAAK, our exclusive workout tracker.
RAISE $250+ to benefit LIVESTRONG at the YMCAIf 450 riders each raise $250, we can support 225 LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA participants. All proceeds will support cancer survivors in LIVESTRONG at the YMCA programs throughout Central Ohio.
NEW PRIZE JUST ANNOUNCED Riders who raise at least $500 will be entered to win a Special Grand Prize, a Star Trac Spinner bike (valued at more than $1,700). Riders will receive an extra raffle ticket for each additional $250 raised.
All donations due by December 1. Drawing will be December 5. Winner will be notified through contact information on file.
CELEBRATE Saturday, November 8Ride with hundreds of riders in Central Ohio’s largest indoor cycling event at the Gahanna/John E. Bickley YMCA:
- High-energy indoor stationary cycling
- Choose between 2 high-intensity, 2-hour sessions
- Each ride will be led by celebrity & Y instructors
- Cycling video and surround sound
- Celebration lunch
JUST ANNOUNCED! We're thrilled Ralph Mlady will join us November 8 as a celebrity instructor! From Parma, OH, Ralph has been a member of the Spinning® Master Instructor Team since 2007. As an avid road cyclist, Ralph has participated in multiple 24-hour rides, centuries and road races. He has taught Spinning® Instructor Trainings and Continuing Education Workshops, as well as presented at fitness conferences in the United States and Canada. Ralph also holds group exercise certifications from ACE and AFAA. Ralph will lead both sessions. The first will be more accelerated and intense than the second.
This small-group, research-based program is designed to help survivors move beyond their diagnosis.
- Participants have the opportunity to build cardiovascular endurance, core muscular strength and endurance, core flexibility and balance.
- This program has been shown to help improve functional ability, reduce the severity of therapy side effects, prevent unwanted weight changes and improve energy levels & self-esteem.
We are committed to offering LIVESTRONG at the YMCA at no cost to participants.
Help by becoming a RIDESTRONG for Survivors Rider!
Are you in?
Form a team or ride soloYou want to do this! Grab your friends, family or co-workers to form a team and help make it possible for cancer survivors to live life, with strength and confidence! We can help you get on a team if you are a solo rider! How to create a team.
Can't Make the Event? Be a Virtual RiderAre you passionate about helping cancer survivors, but can't make the event on November 8? When you register, simply choose "Virtual Rider."
- Register Now Online
- Select your 2 hour ride slot for the RIDESTRONG Event on Nov 8.
- Minimum fundraising commitment: $250 (but you can raise more!)
- Initial donation upon registration: $25 RIDESTRONG is open to all - you do not need to be a member of the Y
Our sponsorship is rolling along:
- Eastside Community Church
- Giant Eagle
- Promotional Concepts
- Stoltz-Mead Global
**Initial donation of $25 by credit card required. Fundraising must be complete by December 1, 2014. Any remaining balance will be charged to the credit card.