OUR STAFF ARE HIGH QUALITY
Our highly-qualified staff consists of post-graduates and college students with a desire to work with children.
The Y provides paid Professional Development for all staff.
- Staff must pass a thorough background check process including:
- FBI and BCI Fingerprints
- National Child Abuse Registry -National & State Sex Offender Registry
- All staff are trained in:
- CPR and First Aid Certi cation
- Communicable Disease management - Child Abuse Recognition & Prevention
- All staff must complete several hours of ongoing, annual professional development
The Y hires experienced, educated staff.
- Our more than 70 Olentangy Y Club staff have an average of 4 years experience in working with school age children.
- Our Y Club Site Directors are college- educated in early childhood education and meet all educational requirements through ODJFS.
94% of Y Club parents believe our staff are positive, caring adults.
- Y Club staff are committed to nurturing the potential in every child.
- Y Club staff model Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility; they assist children in building strong character- based on these Core Values.
ALL PROGRAMS ARE LICENSED
All Programs Are Licensed by Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
Child care licensing regulations are designed to reduce the risk of harm to children while they are in before and after care.
During unannounced visits, ODJFS personnel verify
50+ program rules. Y Club sites have not received any Serious Risk Non-Compliance infractions this year.
So far for the 2017-2018 school year, the following sites received perfect inspections with ZERO non-compliances:
- Freedom Trail
- Johnnycake Corners
- Grace Kindergarten +
- Oak Creek
- Tyler Run