Here's Your Chance to be Santa: Van Buren Center Gift Drive
GIVE BACK THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
We have been working hard to create a winter wonderland store for the 300+ children we anticipate will spend Christmas in the Van Buren Center, operated by the YMCA of Central Ohio, this holiday.
This is where we need YOUR help!
We want to collect 300 gifts ($25) and 300 stockings (along with the gift wrap to get them ready). These gifts will be placed in our store and the parents at the shelter will be able to go shop for their children. Once they select the gifts, they'll be able to wrap them right there in the store.
You have options for participating:
1) Maybe you don't have time to shop. Give gift cards. Here's a link and we'll do the shopping for you. Click the amount you want to purchase. Click on EMAIL as your delivery option. When prompted, enter Shameikia.Smith@ymcacolumbus.org, our Senior Director of Supportive Services at Van Buren Shelter.
2) Shop online and send the gifts / stockings to the Van Buren Shelter (Van Buren Shelter, c/o Holiday Gift Drive, 595 Van Buren Drive, Columbus, OH 43223). No need to wrap anything (as we will just have to unwrap it).
3) Go purchase your gifts or stockings, then drop them off at the Shelter (address above).
4) Purchase wrapping paper, ribbon, bows, tape - anything you would need to wrap a gift - and drop it off OR send it directly to the shelter. Help us complete our wrapping station.
If you're looking for a great staff event, this is a perfect opportunity. If you're looking to help your children learn about the importance of giving back, the impact couldn't be larger.
Please help us make sure every child has something to open on Christmas morning.
Here are the age ranges, percentage they represent in the shelter, and percentage by gender within the age group as a gift giving guide, so that children of ALL ages have a happy Holiday:
- Birth - 1 (about 17% - 50/50 gender split)
- 2 - 4 (about 27% - 50/50 gender split)
- 5 - 7 (about 15% - 50/50 gender split)
- 8 - 10 (about 17% - 50/50 gender split)
- 11 - 12 ( about 11% - 30/70 f/m gender split)
- 13 - 18 (about 13% - 60/40 f/m gender split)
If we exceed the target number for gifts, the extras will be kept in the store, and parents will be allowed to shop in the store throughout the year if they have a child with a birthday, so your gift keeps giving!
Also, please feel free to pass this along to others who you think may be interested.
Thank you for your generosity and for making the holidays special for children and families in need.