About Our Equestrian Programs
Welcome to the Bar W Ranch at YMCA Camp Willson where we specialize in quality horseback riding experiences. The Bar W Ranch has more than 25 horses and 500 acres of land to enjoy and explore. The Ranch offers horse program options for both youth and adults of all ages and abilities.
Horse Lover Day Program
- 3 hours – groom/saddle, ring lesson and trail ride.
- Ages: 9+
- Fees: $30.00 < 10 participants, $40.00 > 10 participants
- 2 hours – groom/saddle and ring lesson.
- Ages: 7+
- Fees: $20.00 < 10 participants, $28.00 > 10 participants
- 1 hour - Saddle up for a staff-led, walking trail ride around our property.
- Grades: 5-Adult
- Fees: $15/person
- For guests staying with us: $10/person
Willson in the Wilds
Head out and explore the 500 acres of Willson by riding to a primitive campsite and spending the night. Our Willson Wranglers will spoil you with a cowboy dinner and breakfast over the fire. After a hearty breakfast, hop back in the saddle for several more hours of riding. We’ll transport all your gear, help you set up the picket line for your horse, and provide great evening entertainment for your group of 6-12 people.
- Grades: 12-Adult
- Fees: $90/person
Lunch/Dinner Trail Ride
- 4 hours - Saddle up for an afternoon ride to Willson’s remote campsite, then kick back while our Willson Wranglers cook a mouthwatering meal over the campfire. Relax around the fire, and finish up the afternoon/evening with a ride back to the barns. A unique way to spend time with family and friends with a group of 6-12 people.
- Ages: 12–Adult
- Fees: $50/person
Bar W Ranch Horseback Lessons
Back by popular demand, horseback riding lessons are now offered for beginning and intermediate riders. With the addition of the Indoor Riding Arena, YMCA Camp Willson is ready to help you begin or continue your love of horses. Please contact the Office at 937-593-9001 for scheduling of lessons.
Lessons are set-up in three classifications: Private, Semi-Private, and Group Lessons. Lessons will be given in our indoor or outdoor arena, depending on weather conditions. Private lessons are given on a 1 to 1 basis. Semi-Private lessons consist of up to three riders and Group Lessons will accommodate up to six riders. The classes may be purchased individually or as a package
|Type||Individual Lesson||Lesson Packet|
|Private||$39.99||6 for $199.98|
|Semi-Private||$29.99||6 for $149.95|
|Group||$19.99||6 for $99.95|
YMCA Camp Willson is proud to be accredited by the Certified Horsemanship Association and the American Camping Association. These accrediting bodies work to preserve, promote and enhance the camp experience for children and adults. Our instructors have many hours of training and experience working with riders of various ages and skill levels.
All participants are required to wear ASTM-SEI approved helmets (provided) and complete a riding release form.
Our Staff have certifications in teaching through CHA. Trainings have included First Aid and CPR; safety for participants in the barns and around the horses; and risk management in the arenas and out on the trails.
Your horseback riding experience is designed around riding skill level and interest. The Bar W Ranch can offer a one hour trail ride or expand you experience with lessons and a full weekend of activities. We can customize a package for any size group and consider adding another camp activity to your time with us.
Join us for the day or pack a bag and spend the weekend. Contact us today to arrange for your visit.
1-800-423-0427 or email@example.com
Preparing For Your Day With Us
Here are some helpful suggestions for your day with us!
- Please arrive 20 minutes before scheduled time and park in the designated areas.
Maps & Directions
- Restroom facilities are located at the barn.
- The picnic tables and fire ring are available to all.
What to bring:
- Signed release form(s)
- Health forms for minors (recommended)
- Check for payment (preferred)
- Water bottle
- Rain coat (no ponchos please)
- Bug repellent
What to wear:
- Long pants
- Shoes which cover entire foot
- Shirt and sleeves
- Dress in layers for cold weather
- Helmets are provided
- Adventure Education & High Ropes