'Tis the Season to Help Those in Need
There are multiple ways to give back this season at the YMCA of Central Ohio, choose one or choose 'em all- we are grateful for anything you are willing to give.
40 W. Long Holiday Clothing Drive
Did you know that we have 403 men that call the Downtown YMCA home? Many of those that live at the Downtown Y are elderly or disabled and live on a fixed income well below the poverty line. For many, their stories include generational poverty, exposure to childhood trauma/violence, poor family support, homelessness and physical or mental disabilities.
The winter months can be a particularly hard time of year. That's where you come in! We are running our annual Clothing and Toiletry Drive to benefit our residents.
Based on feedback, below is a list of most needed items:
- Size L shirts or larger
- Shoes/winter boots especially sizes 10-12
- New underwear and socks
- Most in need: sizes 32/30-36/30
- Also in need: sizes 32/30- 52/30
- Hygiene products for cleanliness/self-grooming
- Winter Jackets
- Backpacks/duffel bags to carry groceries and belongings
- Thermal clothing
- Winter gloves and hats
- Any and all gently used men's clothing
- Santa's Workshop: Volunteer Here!
- Gifts needed for Santa's Workshop
Franklin Station Events
- Food Pantry Assistance on Thursday's. To volunteer, please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The DIVA Movement meets at Franklin Station the 3rd Saturday of each month.
- Current Needs: Decorations for winter holidays, cookies for December group, group activities, leaders for craft activities, supplies.
- To donate or volunteer, please contact Marion at email@example.com