What should you know about our Before and After School Programs?
- Our highly qualified staff are CPR & First Aid Certified and receive extensive hours of training and professional development
- We're open year-round (snow days & school breaks too!)
- Our programs are centered around our Y core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- We keep kids interested while having fun with our imaginative academic activities
- We always encourage healthy eating habits, physical activity, and provide nutritious snacks
- We focus on helping and improving literacy
- We offer homework assistance
What Parents Want*
How We're Doing*
|#1 Safe, Secure Environment||95% agree their child is physically and emotionally safe|
|#2 Positive Adult Role Models||94% agree their child is surrounded with caring adults|
|#3 Build Social Skills & Friendships||99% agree their child gets to socialize with other children|
|#4 Physical Activity||96% agree the program helps their child be more active|
|#5 Time to Be a Kid||95% agree their child is able to play freely with their friends|
*JANUARY 2018 Y CLUB PARENT SURVEY, N = 400+
Parents were asked to rank 8 program outcomes in terms of importance including making meaningful progress on homework and structured enrichment programming. In a follow up question, parents were asked how the Y is doing meeting those stated outcomes.
ALSO RANKED IMPORTANT BY PARENTS:
#6 My child makes meaningful progress on their homework at Y-Club
#7 My child receives additional structured educational enrichment at Y-Club
#8 My child has a healthy snack at Y-Club.
2013-2017 Survey Averages
Parents agree our program provides:
94% AVG - Safe, secure environment
92% AVG - Positive adult role models
95% AVG - Place to make new friends & learn new skills
93% AVG - Healthy habits with physical activity & healthy snacks
87% AVG - Daily homework help
NET PROMOTER SCORE
69 - 2018 Score
Net Promoter Score Question: “On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to recommend YMCA Y Club to a friend or family member?” The Net Promoter question is a research-based worldwide metric used to measure and improve customer loyalty to a product or service. A score of 70 or above is considered World Class.