TAKE ACTION FOR HEART HEALTH
The YMCA’s Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program is a four month program that supports participants in developing the habit of self- monitoring and identifying opportunities for action through consultations with a Healthy Heart Ambassador. The program is based on Check. Change. Control.® from The American Heart Association.
- Don M. & Margaret Hilliker YMCA
- Eldon & Elsie Ward Family YMCA
- Gahanna YMCA
- Grove City YMCA
- Hilliard YMCA
- Pickaway County YMCA
- Better blood pressure management
- Blood pressure reduction
- Learn what triggers elevated blood pressure
- Developing healthier eating habits
- Program is evidence-based and may lower blood pressure
- Provides personalized support from a Healthy Heart Ambassador during Office Hour consultations
- Heart healthy nutrition education
- Easy-to-use, portable self-tracking tool provided
- Non-YMCA Members will receive a 1 month YMCA pass and 4 sessions with a Wellness Coach
Individuals are asked to self-monitor their blood pressure at least twice a month and check in with a Healthy Heart Ambassador twice a month. Nutritional information sessions are held once a month.
$50 if you own a BP cuff
$90 if you need BP cuff provided
Grant dollars and financial assistance available.