Ohio Rally is an annual Teen Leaders retreat held at YMCA Camp Willson in Bellefontaine, OH near beautiful Lake Mac-O-Chee. Over 200 Middle and High Schoolers will gather for a weekend of self-exploration and social activities that revolve around a central theme. Throughout the weekend, teens will have opportunities to meet other leaders from across the state, engage in traditional outdoor camp activities (ex. horseback riding, climbing wall, etc), and build friendships that will last a lifetime. Unplug with us for a few days as we grow into more purposeful and confident leaders!
There are those we remember for greatness, but why? What was it about them that lead to being history makers? This February, spend a weekend with friends talking about who inspires you and how you will make history.
WHO: All YMCA Leaders Clubs throughout Ohio and surrounding states. Teens in grades 6-12th.
WHERE: YMCA Camp Willson, 2732 County Road 11, Bellefontaine, OH 43311
WHEN: April 21st-23rd, 2023
COST: $90 per participant (regular registration ends April 7th, 2023*)
*registrations received after April 7th will be accepted as space allows and with a $10 late fee.
Registration includes room and board for the weekend, training, food, etc. Some elective courses may require an additional activity fee. Please see registration form for full course details.
HOW: Contact your local Leaders Club Advisor or Teen Director for a registration packet
What is Teen Leaders Club?
The mission of the Teen Leaders Club is to strengthen the community by instilling the core values of Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility in teens through hands-on, real-life leadership activities, leadership retreats, and volunteering. One of the unique traits of Teen Leaders Club is that everything is run by the teens themselves. Even the meetings are run by the CAB (Club Advisory Board), consisting of a group of teens that are chosen by their peers to plan and organize meetings and monthly events.
- Set and achieve personal and group goals, while increasing self-awareness and an understanding of teamwork
- Develop problem-solving, decision-making and communication skills
- Develop an increased understanding of and comfort with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Explore relationship skills such as empathy, sensitivity, trust and peaceful conflict resolution
- Explore leadership styles and effective leadership skills
- Learn that their actions have an impact, that they are valued and that they can and will affect their future
- Build meaningful friendships and have fun participating in new, exciting and challenging experiences