Deployment can be a stressful and uncertain time for our nation's service men and women and their families. In partnership with the Armed Services, YMCA and the Department of Defense, the Y is proud to offer memberships and respite child-care services to eligible military families and personnel to give them extra support during this difficult period. It's our way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country.
Who is eligible for membership?
Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is deployed for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
What do I need to do?
- Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com or 800-342-9647 to confirm your eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to your local YMCA of Central Ohio branch for verification. Please make sure you don't leave copies of these documents at the YMCA!