- Members and Program Participants must present their Y membership or participant card at the Welcome Center each time they visit the Y.
- Y members should represent our Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- All persons using the facility or grounds are expected to follow all YMCA policies
and procedures and to conduct themselves appropriately. Physical or verbal abuse, sexual innuendo or display, or offensive behavior of any kind is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- YMCA staff have the right to determine if any conduct or language is inconsistent with the YMCA’s mission and to act accordingly.
- It is illegal to carry a firearm, deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance anywhere on YMCA property.
- The YMCA is a smoke, vape, drug and alcohol- free facility. This also includes its grounds. The possession or sale of any drugs or drug paraphernalia will lead to prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
- Children ages 81 and younger must be actively supervised at all times by a parent/guardian or responsible adult (18 years or older), unless participating in a staff-supervised program. When children are participating in a program, a parent/guardian or responsible adult (18 years or older) must remain on the premises unless otherwise noted.
- Children ages 9-111 are permitted to be at the Y as long as a parent/guardian or responsible adult remains on the premises.
- Youth ages 12-151 are permitted to be at the Y for up to three hours without adult supervision.
- Persons responsible for any loss of or damage to YMCA property or that of its members, volunteers or staff will be held personally and financially liable.
- Child Watch is available for children ages 6 weeks to 5/6 years. Check your branch Welcome Center for specific ages.
- Kids Time is available for children ages 5/6 to 11. Check your branch’s Welcome Center for specific ages.
- Specific policies are posted in all areas of the Y branches.
- Programs and schedules are subject to change.
- Please wear proper gym, swim and workout attire. Street shoes are not permitted on the gym floor, pool deck, court surfaces or fitness equipment.
- The protection of members, volunteers and guests who are participating in programs or are using YMCA facilities is of paramount concern to the Board and Staff of the YMCA of Central Ohio. The YMCA regularly reviews sex offender registries and denies access and/or membership to any person the YMCA learns is a registered sex offender.
- Sign-ups and a 30-minute limit may be required for cardiovascular equipment.
- Youth, ages 9–11, may utilize cardio equipment in the Wellness Center with active adult supervision, only if they have completed the Youth Conditioning class.
- Youth/Teens, ages 12–15, 2 may use both cardio and strength equipment in the Wellness Center with active adult supervision.
- Youth/Teens, ages 12–15, 3 may use both cardio and strength equipment in the Wellness Center without adult supervision, only if they have completed the Iron Teens class.
- Branch supervisors reserve the right to determine equipment competency and limitations at any time to ensure the safety of participants and member service.
- Please return weights and dumbbells to the storage racks when done.
PERSONAL TRAINING POLICY
Based on the recommendations of the National YMCA of the USA, and because personal training services are offered by the YMCA, only YMCA of Central Ohio certified personal training staff members will be allowed to utilize YMCA facilities for personal training services.
- Clothing and other personal belongings not in use shall be stored in the lockers provided by the Y.
- Please store your personal belongings in a locked locker (bring your own lock). The YMCA is not responsible for any items stolen in the facility or from the grounds.
- Do not leave locks on daily-use lockers.
- Children over age 5 must use gender-appropriate locker rooms. The Y offers family changing rooms for those with disabilities, as well as
- for children who are old enough to use the gender-appropriate locker rooms, but still need assistance.
- Cell phone, camera or video camera use is strictly forbidden in the locker rooms.
- Any class without a minimum number of participants may be subject to cancellation. Classes cancelled by the Y will be made up or credits will be issued.
- Credits must be submitted to and approved by the Program Director.
- Refunds will only be given with a doctor’s written notice and approval of a Program Director.
- Any other class missed by a participant cannot be made up. Schedules are subject to change.
- Please enter and exit the pool area through the locker rooms only.
- Children ages 5 and under must be accompanied by an adult/guardian (age 18 or older) in the water and remain within arms reach.
- Children ages 6 to 11 must have an adult actively supervising them in the pool area.
- Children/youth who need assistance or a flotation device must have an adult in the water with them and will not be permitted in the pool’s deep end.
- Non-swimmers of any age are not permitted in the deep end of the pool.
- To ensure the safety of our members, all youth, ages 15 and under, are required to take a swim test if they wish to swim in the deep end of our swimming pools. Check with your branch for more information.
- Y lifeguards reserve the right to test swimming competency of any participant at any time if their ability to safely utilize the deep end of the pool is in question.
- Any class without a minimum of 4 participants may be subject to cancellation. Pool schedule is subject to change.
- Please see additional rules in pool and hot tub area prior to using the aquatic areas of the facility.
- To ensure the safety of our members and guests, it is the policy of the YMCA of Central Ohio to close outdoor pools due to thunder and/or lightning; pools will reopen 30 minutes after the last trace of thunder and/or lightning.
- Members of the Y may bring a guest. Please inquire at the Welcome Center for your branch’s guest policy.
- Guests restrictions and schedules may apply.
- Guests must be accompanied by the member.
- Guest passes are valid for one day only.
- Guests over age 16 are required to present a current photo ID. Guests under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult member.
Your privacy is important to us, therefore we will not sell, rent or give your name or address to anyone for any reason outside of the YMCA.
The YMCA of Central Ohio typically communicates information via email, such as:
- Information about special offers, new programs or classes and special events
- Notification of issues concerning your membership account
- Member Satisfaction Surveys
1 Must be 16 years old at the Downtown YMCA
2 North YMCA excludes the use of free weights for Youth/Teens.
3 Age 16+ at Vaughn E. Hairston YMCA