At YMCA of Central Ohio, safety is our number one priority for all members, program participants and staff. We believe it is our social responsibility to do everything we can to keep people safe, healthy and slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
As we see the number of cases rise, the YMCA will continue to follow recommended guidance from the CDC and required health orders from any municipalities in order to protect our teams and those who enter and/or participate in YMCA programs.
YMCA locations affected by the recent mandated health orders passed on September, 10, 2021 include:
- Jerry L. Garver YMCA
- Hilltop YMCA
- North YMCA
- Eldon & Elsie Ward Family YMCA
- Whitehall Community Center YMCA
The signed mask mandate requires all people, regardless of vaccination status, who enter the doors to the above named locations, wear a mask when not actively exercising. There are some exceptions to this order and can be found here. We ask all members to be responsible for supplying their mask, but we will have a few on hand as we work through this transition.
If your YMCA is outside of this jurisdiction, we still recommend you to wear a mask and practice social distancing regardless of vaccination status. This is not a requirement, but we do recommend it especially in common areas.
- All persons entering the YMCA should represent our Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- All persons using the facility or grounds are expected to follow all safety standards set forth by the YMCA of Central Ohio as well as all YMCA policies and procedures. Physical or verbal abuse, sexual innuendo or display, or offensive behavior of any kind is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- All persons using equipment at the YMCA, are required to properly clean it before and after their use.
- YMCA staff have the right to determine if any conduct or language is inconsistent with the YMCA’s mission and to act accordingly.
- It is illegal to carry a firearm, deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance anywhere on YMCA property.
- The YMCA is a smoke, vape, drug and alcohol-free facility. This also includes its grounds. The possession or sale of any drugs or drug paraphernalia will lead to prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
- Persons responsible for any loss of or damage to Y property or that of members, volunteers or staff will be held personally & financially liable.
- Specific policies are posted in all areas of the Y branches.
- Programs and schedules are subject to change.
Reserve a space in group fitness, open swim, Child Watch/Kid's Time, and on the court to guarantee your spot. At the YMCA of Central Ohio, reservations open 73 hours before your desired time slot/class.
- Under 9 must be participating in a program or be actively supervised by an adult at all times (5 and under within arms reach in the pool)
- With adult supervision, ages 9-11 can be on the fitness floor (if completed Youth Conditioning), participate in group exercise, and be in the pool with an adult on the deck.
- Ages 12 and up can be on the fitness floor (if completed the Iron Teens class), participate in group exercise, be in the pool, and in the facility without adult supervision.
Members and Program Participants must present their YMCA membership or participant card at the Welcome Center each time they visit the Y.
- The best discount or reduced membership rate prevails and cannot be combined with other discounts.
- Membership cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to the Welcome Center. You’ll be drafted once more with access to Y facilities for those 30 more days before your cancellation will be finalized.
- No refunds given on join fees or annual memberships.
- $20 Non-Refundable Fee applies to any returned Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and/or credit card payment.
- Child Watch is available for children ages 6 weeks to 5/6 years.
*Ages may vary at select locations.
- KidsTime is available for children ages 5/6 to 11.
*Ages may vary at select locations.
- Branch supervisors reserve the right to determine equipment competency and limitations at any time to ensure the safety of participants and members.
- Sign-ups and 30-minute limit may be required for cardio equipment.
- Please return weights and dumbbells to storage racks when done.
- Members of the Y may bring a guest. Please inquire at your branch’s Welcome Center to learn more.
- Each membership includes 5 free guest passes per year.
- Guests restrictions and schedules may apply.
- Guests must be accompanied by the member.
- Guest passes are valid for one day only.
- Only members age 18 and older may bring a guest to the Y.
- Guests over age 16 are required to present a current photo ID.
- Guests under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult member.
- Please enter and exit the pool area through the locker rooms only.
- Non-swimmers of any age are not permitted in the deep end of the pool.
- Children/youth who need assistance or a flotation device must have an adult in the water with them and will not be permitted in the pool’s deep end.
- To ensure our members’ safety, all youth ages 15 and under are required to take a swim test if they wish to swim in the deep end of our swimming pools. Check with your branch to learn more.
- Y lifeguards reserve the right to test the swimming competency of any participant at any time if their ability to safely utilize the deep end of the pool is in question.
- Any class without a minimum of 4 participants may be subject to cancellation. Pool schedule is subject to change.
- Please see additional rules in pool and hot tub area prior to using the aquatic areas of the facility.
- To ensure the safety of our members and guests, it is the policy of the YMCA of Central Ohio to close outdoor pools due to thunder and/or lightning; pools will reopen 30 minutes after the last trace of thunder and/or lightning.
- Please wear proper gym, swim and workout attire. The YMCA reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of all attire.
- Street shoes are not permitted on the gym floor, pool deck, court surfaces or fitness equipment.
Based on the recommendations of the National YMCA of the USA, and because personal training services are offered by the YMCA, only YMCA of Central Ohio certified personal training staff members will be allowed to utilize YMCA facilities for personal training services.
- Clothing and other personal belongings not in use shall be stored in the lockers provided by the Y.
- Do not leave locks on daily-use lockers.
- Please store your personal belongings in a locked locker (bring your own lock). The YMCA is not responsible for any items stolen in the facility or from the grounds.
- Children over age 5 must use gender-appropriate locker rooms. The Y offers family changing rooms for those with disabilities, as well as for children who are old enough to use the gender-appropriate locker rooms, but still need assistance.
- Any class without a minimum number of participants may be subject to cancellation. Classes canceled by the Y will be made up or credits will be issued.
- Credits must be submitted to and approved by a Program Director.
- Refunds will only be given with a doctor’s written notice and approval of a Program Director.
- Any other class missed by a participant cannot be made up. Schedules are subject to change.
The Y may take pictures and videos of various activities for promotional use. Please let us know if you do not wish to be included in these medias.
Nationwide Membership reciprocity enables you to visit any participating YMCA in the United States, outside of the YMCA of Central Ohio area. Must show valid ID and use home branch at least 50% of the time. Check with the YMCA you are visiting for more information.
Cell phone, camera or video camera use is strictly forbidden in the locker rooms and rest rooms.
Your privacy is important to us, therefore we will not sell, rent or give your name and address to anyone for any reason outside of the Y.
The YMCA of Central Ohio typically communicates the following information via email, phone call and/or text:
- Exclusive offers, new programs, member satisfaction surveys or classes and special events
- Account issues
The protection of members, volunteers and guests who are participating in programs or are using YMCA facilities is of paramount concern to the Board and Staff of the YMCA of Central Ohio.
The Y regularly reviews sex offender registries and denies access and/or membership to any person the Y learns is a registered sex offender.